Saturday, February 23, 2013

You can't win them all

There are a handful of people that no matter what you do you will never be able to satisfy. Customers like this actually make me feel better about myself because really who the heck is so unfulfilled in their life that they have to make a total stranger's temporarily aggravating?

It's not hard to identify these people. They are the ones that give you the cold shoulder the moment they walk in. You greet them, they ignore you, then they're offended that when they were ready to speak up that you may or may not have been intentionally not available to listen. These are also the people who don't make eye contact with you but will glare at you from across the restaurant. Take note that no matter what you do or say it will never be satisfactory for them. Do not go above and beyond for these people because it just adds insult to injury. Here's an example of a group of 4, one being a small child, that I dealt with not too long ago:

This group walked in, gave typical attitude when my cheery self asked them for how many and directed them to take a seat anywhere they like as I grabbed a highchair for the little one. I started off by attempting to make a connection with them. The one man was cool with it and seemed pleasant until his girlfriend wasn't impressed. I guess being nice is rude?? Confusing. I grabbed their drink orders and the lady did ask for Sprite and 99% of the time I verify that 7up is okay with them. They just happened to be the 1% that I didn't ask. So, I bring the drinks over and as I'm placing it in front of the lady I say " And here's your 7up." She asked why it was 7up I explained and I offered to get her another beverage if she preferred something else. Her response was no. Now, as I was walking away she starts talking trash to her girlfriend about "How rude it was for me not to tell her, blah, blah, blah, squawk, squawk. I turned around and went back and said, "I asked you if it was okay and offered something else, would you like something different?" She said no. She ordered a certain type of ribs that we were out of so I gave her the more expensive ones that the same price. Bonus! Most people would be happy, but not Negative Nancy. I brought them out and they were so big they were falling off of the plate. I would be thrilled that I had a snack for later on, but not Negative Nancy. No she actually complained that they were too big! Too Big? Seriously? I jokingly responded, "I can take some back if it's too much." Negative Nancy had nothing to say. I walk away and see her taking pictures of the ribs, yes like one of those people who Instagram every meal they eat. After waiting on them and smiling the entire time when all I wanted to do was choke her out I brought them the bill. Needless to say she never tipped and took home half a rack of ribs. Your welcome.

You can't win them all.



No comments:

Post a Comment