Friday, January 4, 2013

Here's to another year...

With the holidays coming to an end I must remind everyone that they need not stop overindulging in the finer things in life such as booze, booze, and more booze. The industry slows down around this time of year possibly due to folks receiving their holiday credit card statement and instead of doing the right thing they choose to do the responsible thing and save some money to pay it off. My suggestion: Don't fall into this terrible trend of people who decide that they are going to stay home and watch Netflix for a couple months. Bars and restaurants have a ton of promotions in the new year to promote business. So, if you are going to go out to eat and drink now is the time.

On to what I want to accomplish with this blog: rants and raves. I was the lucky contestant called on down to the shit end of the stick having to work New Years Eve and Day. I can't take full credit for having to work, possibly the two worst shifts of the year, one of my co-workers got stuck on the stick with me as well. Being that she is my best friend, BFF, accomplice to my many drunken adventures, we made the best of it. By best of it I obviously mean grunting, groaning, and cursing under our breaths every chance we got. A few customers did make it in on New Years Eve... whooptie- effing-doo! One of which was actually a lovely wino who decided to demean and insult me one night and to no avail she actually did not remember. How did I know this? Because she was incredibly involved in the conversations I was engaging in with other customers and at one point she went as far as to tell me that she is an "eternal optimist" who never gets upset. I'm guessing she blacks out after a few glasses of Pinot Grig. I'm going to fast forward through the popping of champagne and go straight to New Years Day. I had to open the restaurant which was not that bad considering we got to open a little later than usual. A couple hung over teenagers came in to order water. Really, water!? Have people still not come to the realization that the only way they're going to get rid of that pounding headache, achy limbs, and nauseous feeling in their belly is to have a Caesar or a nice, stiff martini? Apparently not where I work. To say the least, the place was vacant and lonely with scattered couples mumbling to each other about how shitty they feel after having 6 shots of tequila the night before. Let's make it clear, on days like this where everyone is hungover and miserable I don't want to talk to you, you don't want to talk to me so drink up your fourth refill of water and say Happy Effing New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment